• Aiming to concentrate more on high- based company, Travel Connections,
34endleisuretravel. 36 and Andavo’s Larkspur, Calif.,
office. The combined company will
maintain Andavo’s majority woman-owned business status. As a result
of the merger, Christopherson gained
• Opened eight new client-dedicated
TRAVEL STORE 35 CHRISTOPHERSON Company Facts
2007 sales: $264 million
Employees: 161 ANDAVO TRAVEL • Affiliate of BCD Travel network. The
merged company is now the largest
(New corporate name after merger
Previous Ranking: 32 of Christopherson Business Travel and BCD affiliate.
QUALITY REWARD TRAVEL, Andavo Travel. Still using brand names • Hosts 50 outside travel sellers.
separately.) • Member of Virtuoso.
A MARITZ-AFFILIATED 2007 Sales: $255 million • Privately held
COMPANY (Combined agency sales) Employees: 200
2007 sales: $260 million Previous Ranking: 45
Employees: 170 (as Christopherson alone)
Previous Ranking: 38
CEO/PRESIDENT: Wido Schaefer
EVP/CFO: Osvaldo Ramos
VP-LEISURE SALES & MARKETING: Dan Ilves
VP-CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING: Jim Wright
• Plans to enhance and continues to
develop proprietary technology, which
now includes the AirPortal suite and
the TravelAcumen Travel Management Suite.
• ARC sales of $169 million.
• $67 million in sales from hosting
• 60% of sales from business, 35% leisure, 5% meetings/incentives/groups.
• Changed consortium to Signature.
• Merged several locations.
• ARC sales of $145 million.
• $8 million in sales from hosting 3 7
• 82% of sales from business, 8% RICH WORLDWIDE TRAVEL
leisure, 10% meetings and incentives.
• Christopherson merged with 2007 Sales: $242 million
Denver-based Andavo Travel to gain Employees: 92
“super-regional” status; merger in- Previous Ranking: 32
500 Mamaroneck Ave.
Harrison, NY 10528
• ARC sales of $151 million.
• $150 million in sales from hosting
• 60% of sales from business,
• Migrated company to Terminal
Services for standardization and ease
• Aiming to expand home-based
staff through geographic areas not
currently served; currently has offices
and staff in the Northeast, the Mid-Atlantic and on the West Coast.