T TSIL TRAVEL WEEKLY’S P O W E R L I S L R E W O PI S T R T200E8SPWOWIEOR LPLIST R T ES W IO PL TSILREWOP
O W E R POWERLIST P L OI WSE TR P
SIL Executives 2007
EWO P CHAIRMAN/CEO:
POWERLISTPOWERLIST POWERLIST POWERLIST LIST POWERLIST POWERLIST LIST
Valerie Ann Wilson
Kimberly Wilson Wetty
POWER L OI WSE TR POWERLIST P L OI WSE TR
450 E. 22nd St.
Lombard, IL 60148
OWNER/CEO: Bonnie Lorefice
PRESIDENT: Jane Batio
EVP: Jim Wasson
O W E R SVP: Lisa Donovan Berry
LIS T Company Facts
SIL • Founding member of GlobalStar.
• Privately held
POWER LP OIWSE TR
E W O P Top10U.S.AIRLINESBYPASSENGERS
Carrier Passengers (millions)
TSIL Southwest 101.9 RE WOP Lufthansa 41. 3 million
Delta 72.9 Air France 31. 5 million
W E R United 68.4
I S T Easyjet 30. 2 million TSIL Northwest 53.7
RE WOP Continental 49.0 British Airways 28. 3 million
US Airways* 42. 2
KLM 23. 2 million
Air Tran 23. 7
Sky West 22.0 American Airlines 21. 5 million
P O W E R LIST JetBlue 21. 3 Emirates 20. 4 million
TSI L * US Airways Jan-Dec 2007 numbers include
only US Airways for January-September and a
R E W O P combined number for the merged US Airways and America West in subsequent months. Singapore Airlines 19.0 million
For January-September 2007, America West
reported 15. 7 million enplaned system
passengers. Cathay Pacific 17. 7 million
Source: Bureau of Transportation Statis-
tics, U.S. Department of Transportation
PO2W0E R JUNE 23, 2008 WWW.TRAVELWEEKLY.COM
• Conducting yearlong series of seminars around the topic: “What Makes
VWT Unique?” • Continuing annual
two-day Cruise and Tour Faire, client
Travelfest in Hilton Head, S.C., and
• Looking to grow in Midwest and on
the West Coast.
• ARC sales of $126 million.
• $10 million fulfilled by company for
• $232,400 in sales from hosting THE TRAVEL AUTHORITY
outside agents. 2007 Sales: $301.6 million
• 54% of sales from business, 42% Employees: 228
leisure, 4% other. Previous Ranking: 30
• Renovated 30,000-square-foot
headquarters; signed new 11-year 702 North Shore Drive, Suite 300
lease. Jeffersonville, IN 47130
• Selected as exclusive travel 30 T (812) 206-5200
provider for Town & Country F (812) 206-5400
magazine website. CORPORATE TRAVEL Thetravelauthority.com
• Purchased Putnam Travel. MANAGEMENT GROUP
• Merged two Connecticut locations
into one larger Greenwich office. 2007 Sales: $305 million
• Began affiliate relationship with Ten- Employees: N/D
nessee Valley Travel in Chattanooga. Previous Ranking: 31
• One of top three producers for
product, offering new applications to
include customers such as travel-re-lated associations, travel agencies and
especially companies not needing total
compliance required of a large corporate travel budget.
• Champion Sports Tours division
continued to grow by adding more
college sporting events to offerings as
well as by expanding into professional
• New contracts negotiated with GDS
suppliers, enabling in-house Travel
Support Center to work directly with
all three major GDSs.
• Hosts 195 outside travel sellers.
• Member of Virtuoso, ABC, Hickory,
• Fulfillment partner for BMW European Delivery Travel Program.
• Handles tours for museums and other educational clients.
• Exclusive travel adviser for Avenue
magazine and Connecticut Cottages
• Privately held
PRESIDENT/CEO: Tom Lumley
EVP: Lee Thomas
SVP-SALES: Doug Payne
• Hosts 100 outside travel sellers.
• Owns 65% of Swift Trip (software
development company and Internet
booking engine, annual revenues of
• Owns Champion Sports Tours
(revenues of $1.9 million).
• American Express Travel representative.
• Member of NBTA, CLIA, ASTA
• Privately held (ESOP)
• ARC sales of $196.2 million.
• 65% of sales from business, 30% leisure, 5% groups, meetings, incentives
and sporting events packages through
Champion Sports Tours.
• Continued to develop SwiftTrip
• Intend to be more aggressive in small-to-midsize business market.
• Champion division adding
• Will continue to acquire agencies.
Purchased All-Ways Travel of Knoxville, Tenn., in February for $10 million.
TOP 10 INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES BY
NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
Airline 2007 International Passengers