increase in business.
2006 Sales: $514 million
Previous Ranking: 27
• Investments in Web site and development of new product features
as well as new branding technology
that allows for a solution to clients
interested in branded and custom
travel, dining and entertainment
services for their customers.
• Launched Travelers Advantage in
2006 Sales: $490 million
Previous Ranking: 24
CAR RENTAL COMPANIES BY FLEET SIZE, 2006
1270 Avenue of the Americas, 15th
New York, NY 10020
T (212) 897-5000
F (212) 897-5134
• Owns Altour Service (a car service
in New York), Altour Classic Cruise
and Travel (specializing in tour and
cruises), Altour Travel Master (a
consolidator) and Altour Air (an air
• Member of Signature, Advantage/
Focus4Fares, THOR and ABC hotel
• Privately held.
Vanguard Car Rental USA
Avis Rent A Car
Budget Rent A Car
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
PRESIDENT: Alexandre Chemla
EXECU TIVE VP: Barry Noskeau
COUNSEL: Rosemarie Christofolo
• Goal is to expand leisure business with the hiring of a director of
leisure operations. Will include the
implementation of CRM desktop
software and proactive target marketing. Will launch AltourFrance
.com and AltourFamily.com. Will
expand consumer travel show program.
U-Save Auto Rental of America
Ace Rent A Car
Rent-A-Wreck of America
Source: Auto Rental News
• ARC sales of $289 million.
• 74% of sales from business, 22%
from leisure, 4% from groups and
• Brought in 25 new corporate clients and 50 new outside sales professionals in Las Vegas and elsewhere.
• Opened a groups department.
• Started an after-hour emergency
service, Altour24, staffed with company employees.
• Extended hours of international 1724 W. Schuylkill Road
rate desk in London. Douglasville, PA 19518
• Expanded hotel commission col- T (610) 327-9000
lection team in Arizona. F (610) 327-8222
• Launched agent and client news- www.worldtravelinc.com
letter to share information. Offered
easily personalized leisure Web sites Executives
for individual and agency use. PRESIDENT: James Wells
• Software development group cre- SENIOR VP, OPERATIONS: Liz
ated frontline agent desktop inter- Mandarino
face that provides real-time access to VP, CLIENT SERVICES: Barbara
a comprehensive reporting package. Troutman
• Altour Classic Cruise & Travel’s
online sales grew to $2.5 million. 2006 Developments
• Altour Paris grew by more than • ARC sales of $330 million.
20% in 2006, with emphasis on • 80% of sales from business, 15%
groups, seminars, incentives. meetings/groups/incentives, 5% lei-
• Acquired Eden Travel in the U.K. sure.
• Added Toyota Prius hybrid ve- • 15% of bookings Web-based.
hicles to Altour Service. Opened a new facility for train-
Altour Air moved into new offic- ing, sales, service, administration
es, hired additional staff, added an and reservations.
instant-quote feature and had 33% • Implemented the Business Objects Enterprise reporting system,
which enables customizable, dashboard views.
• Implemented Cvent group meeting software.
• Established internal, redundant
computer facility in new office for
complete system backup.
• Web site redesigned.
• Automation of profiles.
• Enhanced call center reporting.
•Added management positions
to support growth, including vice
president of client services, director
of reservations center operations,
senior director of strategic planning, director of business development, manager of data warehousing
WORLD TRAVEL INC.
2006 Sales: $476 million
Previous Ranking: 23
801 Royal Parkway
Nashville, TN 37214
T (203) 956-1000
F (203) 416-7515
CEO/PRESIDENT: Nathaniel Lip-
CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER/GEN-
ERAL MANAGER: Thomas Rusin
VP/TREASURER: Albert Fino
EXECU TIVE VP, GLOBAL OPERA-
TIONS: John Kitzie
•Part of Affinion International
(U.K., Italy and France), an affinity
direct marketer of membership insurance and package enhancement
programs and services to consumers. The company has more than
4,500 affinity partners in industries
that include financial services, retail,
travel, telecommunications, utilities
• Will relaunch Web site in summer.
Several upgraded booking tools will
be added, including a cash-back
calculator where members will see
their savings as they book.
•• ARC sales of $240 million.
100% of sales from leisure.
• Completed transition from being
subsidiary of Cendant.
Travel Protection Plans
Coverage (on select upgrade plans) includes: lost
or delayed baggage, trip delay or cancellation,
medical reimbursement and much more…
to enroll today.
Travel Protection for Travel Professionals.
Annual Plans. Travel As Often As You Want.