• Launched Meet Me in …, which enables customers traveling from two different cities to meet
in a common destination.
• Travelocity Business introduced a program to
provide business travelers with individual e-mail
statements on their activity.
• Launched first wholly owned service center in
• Signed five-year deal with Lockheed Martin for
global travel management.
• Rebranded 14 kiosks and ticket booths from
Showtickets.com to Travelocity on Location.
• Introduced customer loyalty program.
• Launched the Window Seat blog.
• Subsidiary of Sabre Holdings.
• Owns Travelocity Business, World Choice Travel, Travelocity on Location, IgoUgo.
• Affiliates: Travelocity.co.uk, Travelocity.ca, Trav-elocity.de, Resfeber.se (Scandinavia), Lastminute
.com (Europe, South Pacific), Zuji.com (
Asia/Pacific), Nextour.co.kr (Korea).
• Became part of a private company in August
2006, when then-parent Cendant spun off Travelport, selling it to the Blackstone Group and other
• One of three business units within privately held
2006 Sales: $3.89 billion
Employees: 5,130 travel agency employees
Previous Ranking: 8
1000 AAA Drive
Heathrow, FL 32746
T (407) 444-7000
F (407) 444-7806
FOREIGN AIRLINE TRAFFIC BY REVENUE PASSENGER KILOMETERS, 2006
Airline RPKs (billions)
* includes Swiss
Source: International Air Transport Association
• Owns Air by Pleasant, American Tours International (partial ownership), InternetVillas.com,
Pleasant Holidays, Member Choice Vacations
• Member of FI (Federation Internationale de
• Member of FITAC (Federacion Interamericana
De Touring Y Automovil Clubes).
• Member of Hickory, Radius.
CK FRI RUD EIS ES*E
Introducing weekly 7-day cruises
from Istanbul & Athens to
the fabled Greek Isles
3- and 4-day cruises also available
Olympic Tower, 645 Fifth Avenue, Suite 902A; New York NY 10022
Ships are of EU registry.
*Children up to age 16 sail free with 2 qualifying adults in a cabin. Offers are
capacity controlled, do not include port charges, and are based on availability.
2006 Sales: $10 billion (according to infor-
mation in the company’s proposed initial
Previous Ranking: 9 (as Cendant’s Travel-
500 W. Madison St., Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60661
T (312) 894-5000
CEO/PRESIDENT: Steve Barnhart
• $8.7 billion in U.S. bookings.
CEO/PRESIDENT: Robert Darbelnet
EXECUTIVE VP, ASSOCIATION AND CLUB
SERVICES: Mark Brown
VP, TRAVEL SERVICES: Sandra Hughes
• ARC sales of $696 million.
• 89% of sales from leisure, 11% business.
• Tour and cruise sales broke company record.
• Online sales grew 30%.
• AAA became primary sponsor of a race car.
• More than 50,800 students registered for the
AAA Travel High School Challenge, resulting in
1. 1 million page views and 276,000 unique visits