6 News Briefs
7 Mark Pestronk: Legal Briefs
Agencies can protect themselves
from being held responsible for
airfare price drops after confirmation, ticketing or payment
17 Travel Product News
Summer travelers can stay free
on the third or fourth night
through Sept. 30 at the Naples
Beach Hotel & Golf Club
4 In the Hot Seat
Apple Vacations President Tim
Mullen sets his sights on Cuba
4 Travel Confidential
4 Friends & Colleagues
21 Richard Turen: Reality Check
Going from being a tech novice
to full immersion in travel’s
6 Upwardly mobile
Bookings via cellphones and tablets will quadruple by 2016; the market is scrambling to get a piece of that action
8 New kids on the dock
Carnival Corp.’s fleet carried at least 25% more first-time cruisers last
year than it did in 2013, the company reported
24 Confronting Cuba
Caribbean hoteliers called for a renewed effort for cooperation in
order to meet challenges posed by the region’s hottest destination
Please go to hertzagentgold.com for program rules. Hertz Agent Gold Rewards terms apply.
® Reg. U. S. Pat. Off. © 2015 Hertz System, Inc.
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. DON’T MISS OUT.
Join Hertz’ Summer Blockbuster promotion. Travel agents can earn
Triple Agent Gold Rewards Points by booking domestically
or internationally with Hertz between 6/29/15 – 8/31/15.
Plus a chance to be 1 of 4 to win our Grand Prize - worth up to $500!
And that’s why it’s called the “Best of Both Worlds”.
Focus on LGBT family travel
LGBT families are looking for family-friendly destinations over gay-friendly destinations, according to a recent LGBT tourism and hospitality survey, and popular family
destinations are taking notice of that trend.
By Paul J. Heney
CORRECTIONS TO OUR 2015 POWER LIST
• American Express Travel/American Express Global Business Travel, No. 3 on the 2015 Power List, reported $29.9 billion in sales for 2014.
An incorrect figure appeared in the “Industry Focus” report about American Express that accompanied the list.
• The same article incorrectly stated that Certares owned 50% of American Express Global Business Travel; it is 50% owned by American
Express and 50% owned by an investor group headed by Certares.
• Travel Leaders Group, No. 11 on the Power List, reported ARC sales of $2.2 billion in 2014. An incorrect figure appeared in the list.
• The Web address for Vision Travel Solutions, No. 26 on the Power List, is www.visiontravel.ca. An incorrect address was given in the list.
• The president of Vision Travel Solutions is Joel Ostrov; an incorrect spelling of his last name appeared in the list.