T TSIL TRAVEL WEEKLY’S P O W E R L I S L R E W O PI S T 2R T008E SPOWWEIRO LISPLT R T ES W IO PL TSILREWOP
O W E R POWERLIST P L OI WSE TR P
SIL in fall of 2007, with improved booking (414) 352-7600
EWO P tool. Also added a Cash Back feature, Adelmantravel.com
allowing members to see the 5% cash-back total they receive when booking a
trip on the site.
POWERLISTPOWERLIST POWERLIST POWERLIST LIST POWERLIST POWERLIST LIST
• Hosts 50 outside travel sellers.
TSIL REWOP • Subsidiary of Affinion International
(France, Italy, U.K.)
POWER LP OIWSE TR
POWER L OI WSE TR POWERLIST P L OI WSE TR
110 Wall St.
1901 E. Edwardsville Road New York, NY 10005
Wood River, IL 62095 (212) 267-5500
O W E R (618) 655-9520 DT.com
LIS T YTB.com
SIL CHAIRMAN/OWNER: Vincent Vitti
VICE CHAIRMAN: Edward Vitti
PRESIDENT: Patrick Fragale
• Member of Hickory and Virtuoso
W E R • Privately held
IST TSIL 2007
Company Facts 475 Park Ave. S.
• 50% owner of both Emergency Trav- New York, NY 10016
el Service and Garber’s Meeting and (212) 532-3400
Incentive Marketing (total sales of $3 6980 N. Port Washington Road Vwti.com
million). Milwaukee, WI 53217 Valeriewilsontravel.com
PO1W8E R JUNE 23, 2008 WWW.TRAVELWEEKLY.COM
• Part of FCm Travel Solutions.
• Member of ABC, ACTE, ASTA,
• Co-founder Associated Travel Worldwide, CruisePort Advisory Board, Ensemble Travel Group, NBTA
• Privately held
• Developing vacation package
• Reached a partnership with Home &
Abroad; will add their trip-planning
features to site.
• Launching a new travel club with
Dollar and Thrifty car rentals.
• Anticipating technology enhancements to include a client portal, agent
desktop reporting, analytics and
• Add to corporate sales team.
• Train account executives to offer
consultative and analytical models for
• 131,101 outside travel sellers.
• YTB Marketing recruits, enrolls,
trains and supports sales force.
Independent marketing reps are responsible for enrolling RTAs.
• YTB Travel Network sells travel
through the RTA’s websites, which
it hosts. YTB Travel handles travel processing, document distributing and
• Operates REZconnect Technologies,
which includes the travel franchise
system and YTB’s technology software
and services. The technology group
builds reservations systems for agents.
• Publicly held
COO/CFO: Bob Chaiken
EXECUTIVE VP: Steve Cline
2 5 2627
2007 Sales: $375 million
GARBER | FCM TRAVEL 2007 Sales: $414.5 million
Employees: 315 Employees: 38
SOLUTIONS Previous Ranking: 35 Previous Ranking: 27
• ARC sales of $226 million.
• New customer sales of $35 million.
• $3 million from hosting outside
• 92% of sales from business, 3%
leisure, 5% meetings.
• New customer sales of $35 million.
• Implemented Blueprint, a per-
formance review on Key Service Indicators for customers to
measure the effectiveness of their
travel program based on customer
history, industry standards and
• Increased virtual travel consultant
network to over 35% of agent staff.
• Developed A-Datamerge for automated additions, deletions and modifications to traveler profiles from company human resource feeds.
2007 Sales: $426 million
Previous Ranking: 23
27 Boylston St.
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
• Owns Adelman Travel Academy, a
travel school, and Adelman Meetings
• Member of Radius, Virtuoso, ASTA,
• Privately held
PRESIDENT: Roz Garber
EVP: Joan Kaplan
COO: Paul Woods
SVP-SALES, SERVICE, GLOBAL
NETWORK, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Joseph Ondrus
SVP- BRANCH ADMINISTRATION:
PRESIDENT: J. Kim Sorenson
CFO: John Clagg
YTB TRAVEL NETWORK: VP-MARKETING: Shelly Coppersmith
DIRECTOR-TRAVEL MANAGEMENT: Tami Goad
• ARC sales of $187 million.
• 80% of sales from business, 15%
meetings, 5% leisure.
• 5% from hosting outside agents.
• New computer and phone system
enables agents to work from home.
• To supplement Radius shareholder
arrangement in 80 countries, Adelman will explore Eastern and Western
Europe call centers to manage global
travel programs for customers with a
small presence in many countries.
• Pursue regional acquisitions.
• Roll out dashboard reporting.
• Implement Adelman Portal Solutions
for customers who wish to maintain
certain aspects of the portal site.
• ARC sales of $260 million.
• 90% of sales from business, 9% leisure, 1% other.
• Added a new CFO and chief technology officer.
• Rebranded Garber/FCm Travel Solutions; redesigned major websites.
• Since joining FCm in 2007, initiated
over 40 new corporate accounts totaling $22 million in new business.
• ARC sales of $29.7 million.
• $211 million fulfilled by third parties,
known as Referring Travel Agents.
• 85% of sales from business, 10% leisure, 5% meetings and conventions.
• Admitted as member in Direct Sell- 2007
• Launched into Bahamas, Bermuda
• Acquired Sunrise Travel in Canada. 2• August 2007 national convention in
St. Louis had attendance of more than
10,000, up from 3,200 the previous
• Launched YTB E-Campus Modules.
• Launched YTB Cars. 2 9
• Held Funshine Travel Trade Shows
in Orlando and San Diego with at- 8 VALERIE WILSON TRAVEL
tendance of 5,000 and 3,000 RTAs, 2007 Sales: $332 million
respectively. ADELMAN TRAVEL GROUP Employees: 325
• Acquired American Destinations, a 2007 Sales: $372 million Previous Ranking: 27
tour operator specializing in educa- Employees: 247
tional travel. Previous Ranking: 26
• Formed relationship with Shanghai
Spring Travel in China to develop China and European tour programs.