• Owns Meeting Trends (loyalty
marketing and fulfillment, annual sales
of $50 million).
• Owns Loyalty Innovations (sales of
• Owns e TTek Solutions (technology
products and services).
• Member of Radius, Virtuoso
• 100% employee-owned
• Looking for more acquisitions in corporate, leisure or meetings/incentives.
FORMERLY CARLSON LEISURE
2007 Sales: $862.3 million
Previous Ranking: 14
(as Carlson Leisure Group)
6442 City West Parkway
Eden Prairie, MN 55344-3245
CEO/CHAIRMAN: Michael Batt
GROUP (formerly Carlson Vacations
& Business Travel): Tom Baumann
PRESIDENT-THE TRAVEL FRANCHISE GROUP (formerly Carlson
Travel Franchise Group):
LOYALTY TRAVEL SOLUTIONS
(formerly Carlson Leisure
Travel Services): Eric Burdon
• ARC sales of $678.6 million.
• $15.8 million in sales from hosting
• 81.4% of sales from leisure, 18.5%
business, 0.1% groups.
• The company formerly known as
Carlson Leisure Group was spun
off from Carlson in January when
CLG’s management team purchased
the entire company and its assets
and renamed it Travel Acquisitions
• The Travel Franchise Group has
developed and introduced its Envision suite of corporate travel tools
designed to help locations in consulting, technology, training and
• TTFG unveiled its “Project Transformation” to transform customer
experience with proprietary programs and products in all locations
via enhanced Web presence, new
Certified Travel Specialist program.
• Introduced Online Reward Exchange, a travel redemption tool.
• Introduced Cruise Specialists Exclusive Shore Excursion Program.
• Hosts 408 outside travel sellers.
• Member of CLIA, ASTA
• Privately held
• Will be acquiring both business
travel and cruise/tour-focused agencies that fit business model.
Top 10 CRUISE BRANDS (BY BERTHS)
TZELL TRAVEL GROUP
2007 Sales: $858 million
Previous Ranking: 17
119 W. 40th St., 14th Floor
New York, NY 10018
CEO/PRESIDENT: Barry Liben
• ARC sales of $572 million.
• 82% of sales from business, 16%
leisure, 2% groups/meetings.
• Liben, along with eight vice presidents, completed a management buy-out, taking Tzell private.
• Completed 11 acquisitions, in
Arizona, California, Connecticut,
New Jersey, New York and Washington state.
• Hired industry veteran Lisa Benza-kein to new position VP-leisure sales.
• Hosts 270 outside travel sellers.
• Owns Professional Sports Tours/
TOP 10 LARGEST CRUISE SHIPS BY
GUEST CAPACITY, DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
Freedom of the Seas 3,630 guests
Voyage of the Seas 3,114 guests
Caribbean Princess 3,100 guests
Crown Princess 3,070 guests
Costa Concordia 3,000 guests
TOP 10 LARGEST CRUISE SHIPS, BY GRT
Carnival Cruise Lines
Freedom of the Seas
Royal Caribbean International
Queen Mary 2
Voyage of the Seas
Norwegian Cruise Line
Holland America Line