• 90% of sales from leisure, 10%
• Implemented new point of sale system, which improved ability to service customers, train associates and
manage financial controls.
• Launched a travel widget series and an
online community ( Statravelers.com)
• Member of International Student
Travel Confederation, Student Air
Travel Association, Federation of
International Youth Organizations
• Member of Student and Youth
Travel Association, ASTA
• Privately held
• Launching new Internet booking engine with enhanced features; runs on
same platform as new POS system.
• Opening first “store within a store.”
• Launching new travel agent website
TRAVEL AND TRANSPORT
2007 sales: $1 billion
Previous Ranking: 13
2120 S. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68124
CEO/PRESIDENT: William Tech
EVP-SALES, OPERATIONS AND
CLIENT SERVICE: Tim Fleming
EVP/CFO: Kevin O’Malley
SVP/CIO: Mike Kubasik
DEVELOPMENT: John King
• ARC sales of $719 million.
• $6 million from hosting outside
• 90% of sales from business, 5%
leisure, 5% meetings/groups/incen-tives.
• Acquired Abacus Travel, a Massachusetts travel management firm, on
• Became the single largest shareholder
in Radius, purchasing 20% of the
stock being offered in a private equity