• Eliminated booking fees on pub-lished-price domestic and international airfares.
• Acquired Agoda.com, an Asian online hotel reservation service.
• Signed agreement with American
Airlines to provide Priceline.com with
“Name Your Own Price” fares. 9
• Signed agreement with JetBlue for
full access to published fares, schedules AAA TRAVEL (AAA, INC.)
• Added group hotel booking service 2007 Sales: $4.15 billion
where customers can book 10 to 1,000 Employees: 5,085 travel agency
rooms at discounted prices. employees (full-time equiva-
Previous Ranking: 8
EVP-ASSOCIATION AND CLUB
VP-TRAVEL AND FINANCIAL
• 89% of sales from leisure, 11% business.
• Cruise sales broke company records.
• Online sales grew 21%.
• Partnered with Magellan Car
Navigation Line to be the only personal navigation line to include AAA
travel information and roadside
• Launched AAA Mobile, making AAA
travel information available from select GPS-enabled phones.
• Owns Air by Pleasant, Pleasant Holidays.
• Partially owns American Tours
International, Member Choice
• Member of Federation Internationale
de l’Automobile (FIA), Federacion In-teramaericana de Touring y Automovil
• Member of the Travel Industry Association, the Travel Institute and Cruise
Lines International Association.
• Privately held, not-for-profit
TOP 10 DESTINATIONS OF U.S.
CITIZEN INTERNATIONAL AIR TRAVEL 2007*
Destinations Travelers (millions)
Europe 13. 3
2007 Sales: $1.77 billion
Previous Ranking: 10
THE WAY TO GO GLOBETROTTING
We are proud to offer
North America’s largest range of independent
and escorted travel ideas for Globetrotters.
For Air and Brochures: 1 800 387 8850
Visit our webiste: www.goway.com
For GroupsOnly call: 1 800 838 0618
*Air traffic only, nonstop from U.S. port to
Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Travel and Tourism
Industries; air traffic to Canada data
is obtained from Statistics Canada.
• Hosts 140 outside travel sellers.
• Member of ASTA and U.S. Tour Operators Association.
• Subsidiary of Flight Centre USA, a
wholly owned subsidiary of Flight
Centre, Australia. Flight Centre’s 2007
transaction value was $48 billion; its
U.S. transaction value was $200 million.
• Acquired by Flight Centre USA in
January. Flight Centre is a global organization with more than 9,000 travel
consultants. The organization operates
in 10 countries.
• Flight Centre’s “strategic vision” for
Liberty Travel is to grow the brand
with online offerings geared toward
directing consumers to Liberty retail locations. The 19 existing Flight
Centre locations in Los Angeles and
Chicago will be rebranded as Liberty
Travel retail stores.
• The company will leverage buying
power with Flight Centre’s global operations to secure products and broaden product offerings into destinations
such as Asia and the South Pacific.