HOTEL COMPANIES BY NUMBER OF ROOMS, 2006
Hotel company Rooms
InterContinental Hotel Group
Hilton Hotels Corp.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Carlson Hospitality Worldwide
Accor North America
Source: American Hotel & Lodging Association
TRAVEL AND TRANSPORT
2006 sales: $868 million
Previous Ranking: 16
2120 S. 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68124
T (402) 399-4500
F (402) 398-9290
CEO/PRESIDENT: William Tech
EXECUTIVE VP, SALES, OPERATIONS AND
CLIENT SERVICE: Tim Fleming
EXECUTIVE VP/CFO: Kevin O’Malley
SENIOR VP, STRATEGIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: John King
• ARC sales of $653.6 million.
• 90% of sales from business, 5% from leisure,
5% from meetings.
• 22 outside travel sellers produced $5 million
• Signed more than $50 million of new corporate business for the third year in a row.
•Expanded reservations center in Fargo,
N.D., and opened a new
office in Houston.
• Purchased a high-end
leisure agency, Regency
Travel, in Omaha, Neb.
• Owns Meeting Trends (sales of $37 million),
Loyalty Innovations ($58 million) and e TTek Solutions (N/D).
•• Member of Radius, Virtuoso.
100% employee owned.
• Will continue to develop and enhance technology products for e TTek Solutions, a suite of
technology products and services.
• Will continue to grow through internal sales
CARLSON LEISURE GROUP
2006 Sales: $822.7 million
Previous Ranking: 17
701 Carlson Parkway
Minnetonka, MN 55305
T (763) 212-5000
CEO/PRESIDENT: Michael Batt
EXECUTIVE VP, CARLSON VACATION AND
BUSINESS TRAVEL: Tom Baumann
EXECUTIVE VP, CARLSON TRAVEL FRANCHISE GROUP: Roger Block
EXECUTIVE VP, CARLSON LEISURE TRAVEL
SERVICES: Eric Burdon
SENIOR DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Don Kennedy
• ARC sales of $567.7 million.
• 80% of sales from leisure, 20% from business.
• Acquired CWT/Ocean-Air Travel.
• Introduced Cruise Specialists-operated Luxury
Travel Network, a host agency network for approved, luxury-focused, home-based agents.
• Introduced Luxury Travel Network Web site.
• Partners in Travel announced a new 100% commission option for their home-based program.
• Partners in Travel introduced new booking
and client-management technology for its home-based program.
• Operates Carlson Travel Franchise Group and
Carlson Destination Marketing services (sales not
included in Power List ranking).
• Privately held.
2006 Sales: $732 million
Previous Ranking: 18
10 State St., 2nd Floor
Woburn, MA 01801
T (888) 781-5200
F (781) 343-6128
CEO: Joel Smith
PRESIDENT: Jeffrey Smith
COO/CFO: Matthew Cummings
CTO: Lehi Mills
EXECU TIVE VP, ACCOUNT SERVICES: Anita
EXECUTIVE VP, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
• ARC sales of $389 million.
• 85% of sales from business, 5% from leisure,
10% from meetings.
• Opened an office dedicated to VIP services; will
enable Travizon to further customize its VIP services.
• Opened two fully owned Canadian offices in
Toronto and Vancouver.
• Continued to develop and build
NexusReporting suite (a data aggregation and analysis tool). Added a dashboard component, providing clients with an at-a-glance,
graphical view of all data related to their travel
• Dashboard also allows for a centralized launching point for all analytical reporting, enhancing
clients’ ability to identify trends, flag and prevent
violations, track and adjust contract usage and
demonstrate cost savings.
MOST VISITED TRAVEL WEB SITES, BY UNIQUE VISITORS
Site Visitors Visitors
April 2007 April 2006
Travel Ad Network 5M
* Travelport includes Orbitz, Cheaptickets and other brands.