GDS RANKINGS, BY SEGMENTS*
GDS Segments (in millions)
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER: Brett Keller
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER: Ronald Rose
CHIEF DISTRIBUTION OFFICER: Paul Hennessy
Galileo 69. 7
Worldspan 44. 9
* Segments for the third quarter of 2006.
• 49% increase in sales over 2005.
• Strong performance by Booking.com, a European site.
• Rolled out More Ways to Save, with additional
tips such as using a different airport.
• Launch of Sabre and G2 SwitchWorks as GDS
Night events in the David’s Bridal stores and an
• Enhancing retail experience. The first enhancement is digital signage with colorful graphics and
quick, powerful messaging. Travel suppliers have
the opportunity to have their brands displayed in
Liberty’s 200 retail stores through streaming video
sequences on large, LCD screens.
• 98% of sales from leisure, 2% from business.
• 200 outside sales agents.
• Privately held.
Source: Thomas Weisel Partners LLC
• Publicly held.
• Owns Travelweb.com, RentalCars.com, Breeze
• Privately held, fully taxpaying, not-for-profit
• Goal is to be the leading online hotel reservation
service in Europe.
2006 Sales: $3.3 billion (public company,
from earnings report)
Previous Ranking: 10
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06854
T (800) 774-2354
PRESIDENT/CEO: Jeffery Boyd
CFO: Robert Mylod Jr.
PRESIDENT, NORTH AMERICAN TRAVEL:
EVP, GENERAL COUNSEL: Peter Millones Jr.
OMEGA WORLD TRAVEL
2006 Sales: $1.8 billion
Previous Ranking: 11
69 Spring St.
Ramsey, NJ 07446
T (201) 934-3500
F (201) 934-3651
2006 Sales: $1.4 billion
Previous Ranking: 12
3102 Omega Office Park
Fairfax, VA 22031
T (703) 359-0200
F (703) 359-8889
CEO/PRESIDENT: Gloria Bohan
COO: Dan Bohan
CFO: Michael Peranio
EXECU TIVE VP, SALES AND SERVICES: Goran
PRESIDENT: Gilbert Haroche
COO: Cathy Pelaez
CFO: Allen Lindstrom
• ARC sales of $438.5 million.
• New partnership with David’s Bridal. The relationship includes information-sharing for the
honeymoon and destination wedding market, exclusive offers featured on Liberty’s new microsite
(Liberty TravelHoneymoons.com), signage in the
David’s Bridal retail stores, quarterly Honeymoon
• ARC sales of $853 million.
• Continued international expansion and upgrading of technology.
• Expanded Bahrain office and opened office in
• Acquired several large international accounts
(names withheld per nondisclosure agreements.)
• 86% of sales from business, 6% from leisure, 8%
ONLINE TRAVEL AGENCIES, BY UNIQUE VISITORS
Site Visitors Visitors
April 2007 April 2006
Nine Unique Hotels. One Exciting City.
Vacations ToGo.com sites
Smarter Living Inc.
Photograph by Richard Nowitz, courtesy NOMCVB.